Natural Gas Fire Pits
If you dont want to use wood and you have a natural gas line in your home, you could choose a natural gas fire pit. Using a typically cheaper fuel than propane, this can save you money, though if you dont have access to natural gas youll have to go with propane to avoid an expensive gas line installation. In most cases, you wont find natural-gas-only fire pits, but rather propane fire pits with an included converter.
Things To Consider When Buying Fire Pits
There are many important factors to consider when looking at best fire pits for your yard. In addition to deciding between a gas vs. wood fire pit, be sure to select one that fits within your space and also matches your style.
You dont need a lot of extra room to set up a fire pit and create ambience and fun in your backyard. Sizes vary and the dimensions of fire pits are usually smaller than outdoor dining tables. Think about the area needed for the chairs that you plan to place around your new gathering spot and not just the footprint of the fire pit itself.
Also keep in mind that fire pits can be a long-lasting addition to your backyard, so choose carefully. If you want a less-permanent option, there are plenty of portable models available for smaller spaces or occasional use.
The best fire pit for the backyard can also be a prominent part of your decor. Look for those that complement your outdoor space or furniture. For a fresh start with a cohesive and stylish look, consider fire pit patio sets that include chairs and other accessories.
Dancing flames help set a cozy atmosphere for entertaining, but thats not the only function of the best fire pits. They have a decorative element and might pull double-duty as a table. Some fire pits can be used for minimal grilling and also for outdoor heating.
What Are The Best Fire Pits At Home Depot
A fire pit is a quintessential part of your backyard, making for long, relaxing evenings by the flames. Wood fire pits are classics and bring a bit of ritual to your evening. Natural gas and propane ones, on the other hand, are good no-hassle choices.
Home Depot has a range of fire pits in traditional and modern styles, at a wide range of prices.
Recommended Reading: How To Layout A Patio
Other Fire Pit Features And Accessories
Look at the features available in different models when searching for the best outdoor fire pit for your yard.
- A 360-degree fire view lets everyone see the flames when theyre in the patio area.
- While some fire pits are permanent additions to an outdoor living space, portability can be an important factor. Most freestanding, cauldron-style fire pits can be easily transported or stored.
- Gas fire pits offer convenience and many feature adjustable flame controls for ambience and heating, as well as automatic shut-off for safety.
- Use colored fire glass in a gas fire pit to add some splash under the flames. The rich color brings another element of charm to your decor.
- Fire screens are necessary to help contain sparks and flames.
- A basic fireplace tool set, along with a broom and shovel, can handle most cleaning and maintenance tasks for most wood-burning fire pits.
Best Fire Pits For Your Backyard
Whether youre making smores for the family or relaxing with friends under the stars, the best outdoor fire pit is a great addition to your backyard. Fire pits can be the cozy focal point of your outdoor living space, no matter the season. This guide will teach you about the different types of fire pits and the features to consider when shopping for the best fire pits.
You May Like: Do You Need A Permit To Build A Covered Patio
Fire Pit Landscaping Ideas
Any type of fire pit can be the focal point of your outdoor living space. Choose a fit pit that fits your style or build your landscape around the centerpiece.
For a cozy display in fall, bring in pots of mums in harvest colors like orange, yellow and red. Look for coordinating harvest-themed pillows for your patio furniture and more fall decorative favorites.
Make the walk to your fire pit easier when you line the path with pathway lights. They are easy to install and many types are solar-powered LEDs.
General Fire Pit Tips
No matter what type of fire pit you choose, always keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
- To keep your fire pit in good condition, make sure you clean out the ashes regularly and protect it from the elements with a fire pit cover when not in use.
- Choose a hard level surface, such as concrete or paver stones, to place under the fire pit.
- Whether you are building a fire pit out of stone or concrete pavers or using a fire pit kit, you must select a location that is a safe distance from any structures and low hanging trees.
- Consult local building code and your homeowner association for any restrictions.
- Disclosing your backyard fire pit could be a requirement of your homeowners insurance policy. Check with your agent to learn if having one affects your coverage.
- Outdoor fire pits should never be used indoors, on a balcony or near anything flammable. Make sure to keep any vegetation at least 15 feet away to help prevent brush fires.
- Perform regular maintenance checks on all of your fire pit parts to ensure they are working correctly.
See something that catches your eye when looking for the best fire pit for your yard? Find products fast with image search in The Home Depot Mobile App. Snap a picture of an item you like and well show you similar products.
You May Like: How To Install A Replacement Patio Door