What To Consider When Choosing The Backyard Discovery Swing Set
All of us desire to obtain the backyard discovery swing set for our cash. It is highly advised that you do some research before making a purchase. Experiencing all of your options carefully before making a decision will prevent you from having regrets.
Before making that purchase, keep the following in mind:
Age Range: Your Kids Will Grow With This Set
The manufacturers recommended age for the Backyard Discovery Skyfort II is from 3 to 10 years. Our tester noticed that it was definitely better suited for her 5-year-old than her toddler, especially since there isnt a baby swingwhich she thought would make a nice addition. That being said, there are many aspects of the set that arent restrictive of age, such as the shaded sandbox or the picnic table. On the other hand, the monkey bars offer a challenge ideal for older kids.
The monkey bars are particularly high, making it hard for our 5-year-old to navigate, explained our tester. The drop down is probably around 10 feet, way higher than the standard monkey bars at playgrounds. But with imagination in mind, the clubhouse and swing set can provide endless fun for children for years.
Take a look at other product reviews and shop for the best toddler learning toys you can buy.
The older kids love the clubhouse and monkey bars, while the younger ones love climbing the small rock wall and using the swings and sandbox.
Setup: Its A Major Project
Its worth noting that assembling the playset is not easy, according to our tester. The total weight of this playset is 702 pounds, and its shipped in four heavy boxes, which provides a challenge. The delivery man couldn’t carry them on his own to the backyard and had to leave them at the end of our driveway, our tester said.
Before you set it up, youll need to make sure the ground is extremely flat and cleared of all large rocks and trees. Backyard Discovery also recommends providing a 6-foot perimeter around the swings for safety.
It took three very handy friends about 10 hours to put this together, our tester recalled. There are so many pieces and tools required to assemble. Backyard Discovery does offer an option that includes professional installation, but it costs $800 extra.
Nothing sways when the kids are on the swings or climbing into the clubhouse.
Don’t Miss: How To Measure Sliding Patio Door
Price: A Significant Investment In A Product Thats Built To Last
While there are plenty of less expensive playsets on the market, the Backyard Discovery Skyfort II isnt the priciest option, either. Depending on the size of your yard, the number of kids you expect to be playing on it at any given time, and the number of years you hope to use it, the high price tag is easily justified. Essentially, youre getting a premium playset built to lastand the price reflects that.
Entertainment Value: Hours Upon Hours Of Fun
The many different areas of the playset are what make it such a valuable investment. In fact, our tester reported that her children enjoyed playing on it multiple times a daythe clubhouse was the biggest hit. Our 5-year-old loves the little balcony with the play telescope! the tester raved.
Another important element is the fact that it can entertain multiple kids and a variety of ages simultaneously. The older kids love the clubhouse and monkey bars, while the younger ones love climbing the small rock wall and using the swings and sandbox, our reviewer revealed. The slide is crafted to be speedy, and the monkey bars are challenging to help your child build strength.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Rid Of Flying Bugs On Patio
Backyard Discovery Skyfort Ii Swing Set
- Raised clubhouse with wood roof, windows, covered entry way, and bay windows
- Front porch with sun balcony
- Crow’s nest with telescope
- Lower deck with snack stand and picnic table
- Two belt swings and a trapeze
- Rock climbing wall and flat step entry ladder
- 10ft. Speedy slide and Monkey Bars
- Easy Assembly Supported by the step-by-step interactive BILT® app
- Stain saturation may vary
- 5-Yr Limited Warranty
- Engineered to meet or exceed ASTM standards . This product is intended for RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY.
Backyard Discovery Skyfort Ii Playcentre
– Raised Clubhouse With Wood Roof and Windows
– 2 x Belt Swings and 1 Trapeze Bar
– 10ft Wave Playground Slide
Please note: An Installation service for this item is available here
We will contact you within 5 business days for delivery within 10 business days from the date of your order . Postcode restrictions may apply. Find out more in the Delivery & Returns Tab below
From dragon battles to tea parties, the Skyfort II will elevate your childrens imaginations and your landscape. With its sun-soaked clubhouse, roomy porch, and crows nest complete with its own telescope, this towering playland will feel like their own wooden castle. There are plenty of fun and safe ways to move around this personal palace: full length monkey bars swing them straight into the raised clubhouse, a challenging rock wall allows them to climb directly onto the porch and a 10 foot wave slide for young adventurers slithers them right back down. Need a break from protecting their fortress? Settle onto a relaxing swing or trapeze bar or grab a snack at the picnic table. After that, its back to ruling their kingdom!
Don’t Miss: How To Make Your Own Patio Pavers
Backyard Discovery Skyfort Ii Playground Cedar Wood Swing Set With Playhouse Fort Sandbox Picnic Table Slide Monkey Bars Swings Rock
- Customer Favorite Outdoor Swing Set: Your kids will have fun playing backyard games on the Skyfort swing set. Nicely equipped with multiple playhouse accessories and features to keep your children entertained for hours.
- Long Lasting, Withstands in Severe Weather: Why Cedar? Cedar thrives in damp climates, enabling it to withstand many conditions. In laboratory testing, our durable cedar wood proved to be rot resistant and highly resistant to natural decay.
- Every Accessory Under the Sun: This backyard swing set and fort is a sturdy structure that stands the test of time, a top of the line clubhouse with wood roof, windows, covered entry way, and bay windows. Sun balcony and crow’s nest with telescope.
- Enjoy Quality Time: Whether make believe or for real, enjoy a picnic with your child on the picnic table. The lower deck has a snack stand. Instead of going to the beach, play in the sandbox.
- Swings, Trapeze, Rock Climber: Two belt swings and a trapeze, rock climbing wall and flat step entry ladder. and 10ft. Speedy slide and Monkey Bars
- Stain Saturation May Very: All lumber is pre-stained for a smooth and clear appearance, as well as cut and stamped with the part number to help speed up the building process. Some pilot-hole drilling may be require
- Step-by-Step Setup Via Our App: Download our app to view videos and diagram instructions for setup. This is a large playset and comes in pieces, we have included these tools to help you along the way.
Competition: More Fun For Your Buck
Backyard Discovery is a big-time name when it comes to playsets. Check out our list of the best swing sets, and youll see the brand has several popular options in a variety of sizes and price ranges. Compared to the Backyard Discovery Prestige Wooden Swing Set, the Discovery Skyfort is quite a bit more expensive, but on close examination, the extras seem worth it. The more budget-friendly option has the same quality build and durability, but its main feature seems to be the swingswhich limits the entertainment value considerably.
A model by another brand, the Lifetime Adventure Playset, has similar features as the Skyfort II, but its missing the monkey bars, sandbox, and fort-like clubhouse. More compact options like the Big Backyard Magnolia Wooden Play Set are great if space is at a premium, but because of the lack of climbing wall and monkey bars, as well as the elementary design, kids will most likely outgrow this set more quickly than the Skyfort II.
Still can’t decide on what you want? Our round-up of the best outdoor toys for kids can help you find what you’re looking for.
If youre looking to purchase a long-lasting piece of playground equipment for your yard, the Backyard Discovery Skyfort II pretty much has it all. Yes, its an expensive item that requires a good deal of space and time to install, but its quality design, usability for a variety of ages, and entertainment value are well worth it.
Also Check: How Much Is A Pergola
Design: Innovative And Fun
The material is all top-notch and high quality, reported our tester, who was a fan of the construction from both a safety and visual standpoint. Not only is it fun for the kids but it’s a gorgeous structure we don’t mind seeing out our windows. The green trim on the playset is a really nice touch and elevates it from the standard swing set, she explained. Our tester did wish for additional color options, like a lighter brown or grey.
Another important aspect of a playset is how it will stand up over time, and our tester thought highly of this ones construction. The materials feel incredibly durable, she said. Made from 100 percent cedar, the playset is designed to be rot-resistant as well as highly resistant to natural decay. All of its plastic components are also UV-resistant. Backyard Discovery ensures its products meet or exceed the toughest ASTM playground safety standards. We love that the set feels safe and sturdy, our tester noted. Nothing sways when the kids are on the swings or climbing into the clubhouse.
Beneath the upper clubhouse sits a picnic table for four. Specifically, our tester was impressed with the sandbox: The sandbox underneath the structure is a really neat addition to the playset. It is nice that it isn’t too big and is also shaded, she said.
Not only is it fun for the kids, but it’s a gorgeous structure we don’t mind seeing out our windows.