What Does Grounding Do
Grounding your metal gazebo will provide a low resistance path for the electricity to follow to the ground. It intercepts the strike and guides it to the ground before the electricity can harm the structure or people inside.
In the event of a thunderstorm, lightning can strike a person in five different ways.
When lighting strikes a metal structure like a gazebo, humans are most often harmed by the electricity passing through the metal through the process of conduction. Grounding the metal prevents the electricity from flowing through it to you.
Dont Miss: Cost Of New Roof California
Gazebo Penguin Florence Add
Extend the enjoyment of your outdoor space with our add-a-room solarium. This unit can be left up year round, saving yourself the trouble of assembling and disassembling at the end of the season. The solarium is constructed of aluminum and features a roof made of galvanized sheet, 2 sliding doors that you can set to open to right or left in the position of your choice, and 5-position wind panels. This unit has been carefully designed to withstand exposure to rain, snow and harsh UV rays. This item is not insulated but you can still enjoy the extra lounge space to accommodate friends and family during various social festivities and relaxing spa days when the weather allow it.
- Resists most types of weather
- Powder-coated aluminum structure, reinforced roof is made of 5 mm galvanized sheet
- Door handles are able to be reinstalled and allow you to decide whether you would prefer having the door open to the left or to the right
- Wind panels can slide all the way down to the bottom or in any of the 5-positions of the solarium and allow maximum air circulation
- Caps are included to hide all unsightly screws
- Both ends of door rail are closed off to keep bugs from coming in
- If the screening happens to tear, it is easily removable and replaceable
- Features 2 sliding doors that you can put in the position of your choice
- Tinted polycarbonate doors
Here are 5 more great reasons to buy from us:
Do Hardtop Metal Gazebos Get Hot In The Sun
This feels counter-intuitive however a metal roof is actually beneficial if you live in a hot climate. The metal reflects the heat, deflecting the suns rays and keeping the inside cooler.
Different designs behave differently in hot weather. A hardtop gazebo with the traditional-looking two-tier metal roof has great cooling benefits. The two-tied design helps to dissipate heat, and helps air to circulate around the inside. A roof vent is also great if you plan to use your grill in your gazebo.
You can get all sorts of features that help to keep your gazebo comfy in the summer. Mosquito nets around the open sides keep the bugs at bay, and these can be tied to the side when you dont want to use them. Likewise, lightweight drapes give you the option of complete shade or shelter from summer rain. Make sure your gazebo has fittings in place for these.
As an alternative, some gazebos have metal structures but polycarbonate roofs. These are still incredibly tough, but let some light in while still blocking out UV rays.
Also Check: Can You Dye A Faded Patio Umbrella
Sojag Mykonos Galvanized Steel Roof Sun Shelter
It has a bold and large deluxe design making it perfect for BBQs, gatherings, and parties. Moreover, it comes with mosquito netting made of a polyester mesh, which is PVC coated, making it extremely durable and preventing sun and wind exposure. Furthermore, it features a galvanized steel frames made of powder-coated aluminum of high quality, making it durable.
Assembly takes around three people about six hours systematically following the manual for the assembly. It provides a space that shaded, becoming a haven for family and friends to gather as it comes in four different sizes. It is a perfect grill gazebo hardtop that offers a unique outdoor experience.
Types Of Metal Roofing
Before we get into the steps on how to install metal roofing its important to understand what types of metal roofs exist. While metal roofing can be made from a variety of metals, tin, zinc, steel, aluminum and copper are the most widely used and most commonly available options. Each metal has its own advantages and disadvantages, as well as cost considerations. Steel, for example, is the least expensive option while copper is the most expensive.
In addition to material choices, metal roofing is also available in three design styles: through-fastened panels , modular panels and standing-seam panels.
- Through-fastened corrugated metal panels are the most common and readily available type of metal roof. They can be installed over roof sheathing or purlins.
- Modular panels, which mimic other roofing materials like asphalt shingle and tile, are also available in a wide range of colors and styles. They, too, can be installed over solid sheathing or wood battens.
- Standing-seam panels install over solid or skip sheathing and have the most complex installation process, so are typically best left to professional roofing installers.
You May Like: How To Get Rid Of Lizards In Patio
How Do You Winterize A Metal Gazebo
Unlike a pop up or fabric gazebo, your metal structure isnt going to spend the holidays in the garage. One, because this would be a well-nigh impossible task, and two, because it doesnt need to. A metal gazebo is designed to stay in your yard all year round.
Its still a good idea to prepare it for the colder weather, and there are a few steps you can take to winterize your metal gazebo.
As we touched on earlier, think about what you keep in your gazebo and whether it is as weather-proof as the structure itself. A permanent hot tub can remain, a light bistro table cant. In theory, synthetic wicker furniture should withstand weather if its covered but, you dont want to risk it being blown about and crashing against the gazebos legs.
So, clean, remove and store your garden furniture and accessories, including mosquito nets and drapes. Then, give the gazebo itself a good pre-winter clean. Sweep up debris like leaves and dirt from the floor and gutter. Give it a dust or vacuum to discourage pests, then wash it with soapy water.
Make sure that its anchored well, as per the manufacturers instructions. If its windy where you live, do you need additional fastenings for the winter?
And our main top tip? Make sure your BBQ and a few chairs are stored within easy reach. Theres nothing quite as cozy as getting wrapped up and grilling a few burgers or hot dogs on a cold winters day.
Best Luxury Hot Tub Canopies And Enclosures
If youre really looking for something more premium, keep in mind that you will defintely pay for it when it comes to canopies.
You must factor in build materials, as well as whether or not the enclosure was specifically designed for a hot tub.
The option below is a good choice designed for hot tubs, and contains features like a bar and some other accents as you can see below.
Also Check: How To String Outdoor Patio Lights
How To Install Metal Roofing
This article was co-authored by David Bitan. David Bitan is a roofing professional, licensed contractor, and the owner and founder of Bumble Roofing based in Southern California. With over 12 years of construction industry experience, David specializes in restoring, repairing, and maintaining residential, commercial, and industrial roofs. With over 60 years of combined experience, Bumble Roofing provides easy, friendly services to structures including residential, commercial, industrial, multi-family, and government buildings along with hospitals, hotels, and churches.There are 10 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 18 testimonials and 100% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 879,258 times.
Metal roofing is becoming popular because it is durable, adds beauty, and helps reduce the energy costs for your home.XResearch source This type of roofing is available in an array of colors, textures, and styles which can suit anyones aesthetic preferences. Install your own metal roofing to increase efficiency and add style to your home while saving money.
Read Also: Metal Roof Skylight
Consdisadvantages Of Metal Roofs
- Appearance. Some people dislike the look of metal for home applications. If your house has a shingle roof on it, then metal will not match it.
- Dents. In a heavy hail storm, metal may be dented. Cheap all-metal sheds are particularly susceptible to this. But if you have a good quality metal on top of a solid wood-framed shed, you wont see much damage unless its hailing baseball-sized hail. Even if it is dented, it will only be a cosmetic problem.
- Repair. Metal roofs are tough. But if your 7-year-old Bob the Builder takes a hack saw to the roof, repair is a little more specialized. Unlike shingles, you cant just replace a few square feet. Instead, youll need to replace an entire panel, which comes in 3-ft widths and is as long as your roof slope.
- Scratches. A sharp object, or tree branched rubbing, can wear through paint, requiring touch-up.
- Cost. Metal roofs have a higher initial cost. Over 50 years they will probably cost a good bit less than the 3 or 4 shingle roofs youve put on your building in that time. But initially, they cost more.
- Noise. If you are in an all-metal shed, and its raining cats and dogs, its going to be noisy. A framed wood building, on the other hand, has wood sheathing under the metal. In this kind of shed, you actually wont tell much difference from shingles.
But if you really want to dig a little deeper into how to tell a quality metal roof from junk, youll want to read Metal Shed Roofs3 Differences Between the BEST and the REST.
Read Also: What Paint To Use On Patio Slabs
Recommendation: Plastic Or Metal Roof
Gazebo Foundation & Site Prep Below are the three most common gazebo foundations.
Attach The Crossbars To The Panel Posts
Have a helper assist you while you set the first crossbar onto the tops of two adjacent panel posts. Align the end holes of the crossbar with the top holes on the posts. Insert a bolt through the holes of both the crossbar and posts and then screw a nut onto the bolts. Tighten the nuts with a wrench and place a nut cap over the end of the bolt. Continue to attach the rest of the crossbars to the posts with bolts and nuts and cover the end of the bolt with a nut cap.
Don’t Miss: How Much To Enclose A Patio
How To Choose The Right Metal Gazebo For Any Outdoor Space
Whether choosing a metal gazebo or a soft top option, these sun shelters provide a facelift to any backyard. They can serve as a focal point to a gorgeous garden, or act as a gathering place for family barbecues or game nights. From a quiet getaway to a sun shade for an outdoor picnic, a metal gazebo is an ideal addition and worthy investment for any outdoor space.
Affordable Gazebos Canopies & Umbrellas
Block out the sun’s harmful rays with gazebos for your lounge space. Perfect for parties, outdoor events and picnics, outdoor canopies, gazebos & umbrellas can provide the perfect place to hang out. Complete your party set up with outdoor furniture your guests will love. Dont forget to add some comfortable, shady seating under your gazebo with a new patio table. All of our patio furniture is fashionable and affordable, so you can relax in style!
Also Check: Hampton Bay Gazebo Replacement Canopy
Great Deal Furniture 98 X 98 Outdoor Fabric And Steel Canopy
This gazebo canopy is highly rated on Amazon, providing maximum shade and privacy around your hot tub.
On this particular model, setup is pretty easy and also comes with canvas wall panels for privacy. Keep in mind that while this is more of a consumer model with a polyester covering, but if youre looking to spend less than $500, this is a good choice.
If youre just in need of something to leave up year-round to cover your hot tub , this type of design is perfect since it does have the ability to be bolted down.
Are Gazebos Waterproof
Yes. Most gazebos will have a metal roof which will be completely waterproof. There are some budget gazebos with fabric roofs, and these are water resistant. The metal roof gazebos can be used year round, and they are designed to be setup once and left up. The fabric top are normally only setup for special events or parties.
Read Also: How Much Is A Concrete Patio Slab
What Is A Gazebo
A gazebo is a round or hexagonal open structure with a roof that offers views of the surrounding area. It can be used for entertainment, relaxation, or even a timeless piece of décor that adds a level of sophistication to any backyard. Most of these open structures are built with metal or wood. They can also be screened or enclosed with shades for added privacy.
Gazebos come in multiple sizes and are created with different materials to fit your personal preferences. SOJAG offers hard top gazebo options as well as soft top gazebos. While they are both constructed with strength, durability, and style in mind, some of their unique features may fit better with your climate or outdoor needs.
Anchoring A Gazebo On Pavers With Footings
If you have pavers in your backyard to create an entertaining area, you may want a gazebo for shelter. However, since theres no concrete slab to drill into, you may need to consider using heavy anchors for each leg.
Alternatively, if you have the ability, you could consider pouring small concrete footings for each leg or column in your gazebo. Just under your pavers, dig out a small 12 x 12 hole. Fill each hole with concrete and place a mounting bracket or anchor bolt into each footing. Pay careful attention to how high you pour the concrete so that you can lay pavers back over, if desired.
As the concrete sets, the anchor bolts or bracket will be permanently attached into place. The legs or columns of the gazebo can then be attached to the bracket or bolt.
You May Like: How To Fix A Patio Umbrella Pole
What Are Gazebo Roofs Made From
There are three popular options. Galvanized steel is the preferred choice. This is stainless steel steel that has zinc and/or nickel added to greatly increase its lifespan. This will make it very resistant to the elements and will last for more than a decade. The second option is aluminum roofs. These are more lightweight, and they can be used for areas that get less snow. They are a great balance of price and performance. Polycarbon are the least expensive option. These are used for budget gazebos. The are water resistant, but dont stand up well to heavy snow. If you go with this option, we suggest using a broom to remove any accumulation of snow to limit damage.
Most Important Factors For Evaluating Gazebo Quality
- Type Of Metal: The type metal used in a hard top will affect its weight, strength as well how it holds up to corrosion over time . Aluminum is often lighter than steel but can be more expensive depending upon thicknesses galvanized or stainless. Additionally, powder-coated steel is the highest grade option. The latter can easily last decades with proper care.
- Gazebo Size: The very smallest gazebos will be 6 x 8 which works out to 48 square feet. Unless you have a very tight yard, we always recommend going larger. The minimum we recommend is 10×10 which is 100 square feet or more than double the square feet. 12 x 12 awnings are quite popular, and these come in at 144 square feet. This is the perfect size to comfortable seat 4-6 people with a grill in the corner. The final popular size is the 14 x 14 gazebo, which is 196 square feet. This has 4 times the amount of covered space compared to the 6 x 8. This is perfect if you are going to have large family gatherings or do a lot of out door entertaining.
- Roof Type: The two main types of roof are vented or traditional. Vented roofs are far preferred if you want to have a grill, smoker or fire pit in the gazebo. The vent ensures that smoke has a way to escape the canopy of the gazebo. Our research showed that vented roofs cost around $300 more than traditional roofs at all size levels.
Recommended Reading: How To Design A Patio