Best Multifunctional : Outsunny Square Fire Pit
Outsunny Square Fire Pits modern look will be suitable for going with your smart patio interior. With excellent heat efficiency, it is easy to assemble. Lightweight, so you do not need to put extra effort into transporting.
If you are thinking of enhancing your backyards beauty with a good looking fire pit, which will ensure warmth with portability, then this fire pit is the best match for you.
The fire pit has a 360-degree view with a stylish square shape. That looks better with any interior. Its 22 inches square heatproof basin with 4.75 inches allows you to put a fair amount of wood in it for burning. To assemble, put all the parts together with the screw provided with it. Although it is durable steel made, it weighs only 27lbs. Very lightweight to transport.
- Multiple functioning: You can use the fire pit in different ways. Use it as a fire pit in winter, full of ice, use it for cooling your drinks in summer, or use it for barbecuing.
- Modern Design: This fire pits square-shaped contemporary modern look with a metal accented design will enhance the looks of your beautiful patio/ backyard.
- Table to feature: The fire has a 32 inches wide, nice 360-degree view. That can be used as a tabletop on your patio.
- Durable: The fire pit is made of sturdy steel with powder coated finishing for serving you years and ahead.
- Accessories: You will get a poker, a spark screen, a wood grate, and an outdoor cover with this fire pit.
Things you are going to enjoy
Best Smokeless: Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit With Stand
Wide range of accessories available
Cover not included
Burns through wood faster than other pits
Solo Stove is one of the best-known brands for smokeless fire pits. The Bonfire is the manufacturer’s mid-size smokeless fire pit, and its extremely popular due to its sleek, stainless steel exterior, lightweight form, and near-smokeless burning. The pits specially designed baseplate allows more oxygen to reach the fires embers, helping burn wood faster and hotter for more complete combustion. As a result, the fire gives off noticeably less smoke than a traditional fire pit.
This particular Solo Stove is 19.5 inches in diameter, and it weighs just 20 pounds when empty, making it easy to travel with. In fact, we brought it camping and noted that setting up or taking it down only took about a minute each! A variety of accessories ranges from stands you can use on wooden decks, to grilling and cooking tools. While this product includes a carrying case, a true weatherproof cover for the fire pit is sold separately.
Size: 19.5 x 19.5 x 14 inches | Material: Stainless steel | Fuel Type: Wood | Features: Smokeless burning
The Spruce / Deanna McCormack
“All in all, we loved the Solo Stove Bonfire. Its best if youre looking for a traditional campfire ambiance in your backyard with no fire-building effort and hardly any smoke. The fire is powerful, efficient, and the whole thing is portable when you need it to be.”Deanna McCormack, Product Tester
Best For Assembly : Ohio Flame Patriot Fire Pit
This Ohio Fire Pit is heavily structured, thick, and sturdy. You will get outstanding durability with no assembly required for using this Firepit.
If you want an easily fixed fire pit for an extended period rather than changing it every year, then the fire pit would be the best choice for you.
The Ohio Flame is a heavy steel gauge constructed. This fire pit is 30 inches in diameter and 68 pounds in weight. It is thick and robust. This type of sturdy construction makes this fire pit too durable to damage. It is a handmade two-piece welded design fire pit. No assembly is needed.
- Construction: The fire pit is made of a heavy steel gauge. It is 30 inches in diameter and weighs 68 pounds. Very heavy and firm construction to serve you for years
- Thickness: The bowl is 3/16 inches thick. You will have approximately 7 gauges of the steel structure on your patio.
- Assemble: Its a simple two-piece welded design. You will require nothing to assemble it.
- Durable: With its thick, sturdy steel construction, you get durability for decades.
- Warranty: This product features a lifetime warranty.
Things you are going to enjoy
- No wood grate is required.
- The fire pit can be used roughly.
- No setup is required to assemble.
- You can showcase this fire pit as a piece of art.
- Lifetime warrantied.
Things you need to consider
- No covers included.
- Too heavy to move single-handedly.
- Assembling Requirement: Yes
- Cover/Case: Available for purchase
Things you are going to enjoy
Skagerak Helios Fire Bowl
Whether you want to grill up dinner or just sit back and appreciate the flames, the sleek and simple Helios Fire Bowl from Skagerak, a family-owned company in Denmark, has you covered. It’s designed for optimal air flow to circulate around firewood or charcoal, while discreet handles make it portable.
The Solus Collection Of Fire Pits Fire Bowls & Fire Tables
- Hemi is a series of perfectly round bowls . The bowls have substance, style and make any outdoor space more exciting with the fire both on and off. There are ten different colours and numerous table options.
- The Halo fire pit is a square with curves. Its curves reflect the flame and bring warmth and light to your outdoors. It is available in two elevations and three fuel possibilities, including NG , LPG , and ethanol. The tabletop of the low halo hovers at 5 inches off the ground. The Elevated Halo is the perfect coffee table height.
- The firebox is our minimalist fire pit. A perfect square of 30 will suit any modern outdoor space. Available with accessory tables.
- The Cube is our powerful, yet compact, fire pit that puts out a luxurious amount of heat. Perfect for spaces that may have a smaller outdoor square footage, this fire pit will bring warmth and class to any patio.
- The fire table is our rectilinear fire pit that is suited for any space seeking to mimic the long lines in sofas that are so popular in larger outdoor spaces. Its sleek look and ample size is great for larger groups to gather around the fire.
- Our Newest Addition is a linear fire pit which comes as a single or double stack. Excellent visual anchor for any large space, and can be used as an end piece or to divide the space. At 108,000 BTUs, it will also keep the space warm at any time of the year. At 72 long, and truly is a knockout for larger commercial and residential applications.
You May Like: How To Make A Round Patio With Square Pavers
Our Top Pick Is The Hampton Bay Piedmont Steel Fire Pit
Jenica Currie is an expert content manager, producer, writer, and editor with over a decade of experience cultivating online communities. Before joining Dotdash Meredith, Jenica worked as a community manager for Just Answer, and as a community manager and managing editor at RealTravel, a former trip planning site.
We independently research, test, review, and recommend the bestproductslearn more about our process. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
The Spruce / Laurey W. Glenn
A fire pit is an amazing focal point for your backyard, defining outdoor space with function and style. We researched the best fire pits, evaluating each model on its size, materials, versatility, and design aesthetic. We also considered ease of assembly and burn type.
Our top pick is the Hampton Bay Piedmont Steel Fire Pit, which offers superior durability and features a 2-in-1 design for heating and grilling.
Ahead, find the best fire pits to warm up your backyard.
Best Wood Burning Fire Pits In 2022 With Buying Guide
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view our affiliate disclosure here.
Wood burning fire pits are classic, durable with maximum output, and cheaper than any other firepits.
If you are fond of traditional things, you aim to get a highly efficient and long-lasting fire pit within budget. Then a wood-burning fire pit is a solution for your quest.
We are using the wood-burning fire pit from eras. They are the oldest traditional way of producing heat. A wood-burning fire pit is easy to conduct, which allows them a more straightforward yet firm construction. Their popularity never gets pale because of their excellent heat efficiency. In the market, there are so many options, so many designs within a reasonable budget.
Here we will serve you with a list of the ten best wood-burning fire pits of the current trend. Know about the features, the specialty, the shortcomings and choose the best fit for you. There will be additional information about the products along with a buying guide to make your experience even smoother.
Planika Galio Fire Pit Corten
As you may have noticed already, Corten steel is a popular material in modern and contemporary design and it can be used in a variety of different ways, including as a primary material for a beautiful fire pit. The Galio fire pit by Planika is a perfect example. Its minimalist design takes full advantage of the uniqueness of this material, exposing its color and texture as best as possible.
Best Splurge: Bryndle Root Fire Pit
Wide rim can hold beverages
Includes protective cover
Lacks propane tank cover
For a truly unique, natural-looking fire pit, the Bryndle Root Fire Pit is well worth the splurge. It features a rustic design aesthetic and is made of fiberglass composite material. Designed to look like logs, this model has a grained texture and multi-colored finish. Inside the stump, you fill the bowl with the included lava rocks. A wide rim around the bowl provides the perfect spot to rest your beverage or prop up your feet.
Propane fuels this luxurious fire pit, and the included 10-foot commercial-grade connector hose allows you to keep the fuel tank separate. The manufacturer offers a matching propane tank cover, sold separately, that resembles a stump. Alternatively, you can convert this fire pit to natural gas, but the conversion kit is also sold separately. When using this fire pit, you can choose between two heat settings, and at the end of the night, you can simply toss the included cover over the pit to protect it.
Size: 42.5 x 39.5 x 13 inches | Material: Cement-fiberglass composite | Fuel Type: Propane | Features: Battery-operated ignition
Don’t Miss: How To Make A Hardtop Gazebo
Best Portable: Fireside Outdoor Pop
Meets USFS and BLM fire pan regulations
Improperly assembled fire shield can melt
You can take your campfire on the road with the Fireside Outdoor Pop-Up Fire Pit. Not only is this fire pit extremely lightweight, weighing just 7 pounds, but it also meets the United States Forest Service and Bureau of Land Managements fire pan requirements. Plus, it collapses into a compact form, making it easy to carry around using the zippered weather-resistant carrying bag.
You can set up this pop-up fire pit in less than a minute, needing no tools, and it has a weight capacity of 125 pounds. The fire pit’s screened bottom helps increase airflow for less smoke, and included Leave No Trace Heat Shield allows you to start a fire on almost any surface without damaging the ground. You can even use the pan to burn charcoal for grilling, making it a must-have accessory for avid hikers and campers.
Size: 24 x 24 x 15 inches | Material: Rust-free stainless steel | Fuel Type: Wood or charcoal | Features: Collapsible
Best Wood Burning: Tiki Low Smoke Fire Pit
Ash pan for easy cleanup
Weatherproof, powder-coated exterior
Pricey for its size
You can enjoy the crackle of a real wood fire without inhaling smoke with the TIKI Low Smoke Fire Pit. The fire radiates warmth in a 4-foot radius around the pit, and its unique internal airflow system creates less smoke and ash. The fire pit is crafted from powder-coated stainless steel thats extremely durable, and it comes with a stand to elevate it up off the ground. You can use this fire pit with traditional firewood or the brands wood packs, which are easy to light, and burn for 30 minutes.
The TIKI Fire Pit is just under 25 inches wide, but the bowl is on the smaller side, measuring just 16 inches deep and across. A slide-out ash tray at the bottom makes the pit incredibly easy to clean, and the included weatherproof cover enables you to store it outdoors. It’s a bit pricey for its size, but an excellent low-smoke option.
Size: 24.75 x 24.75 x 18.75 inches | Material: Stainless steel | Fuel Type: Wood | Features: Low-smoke design, removable ash pan
Also Check: How To Get Mold Off Concrete Patio
Things To Consider Before Getting A Wood Burning Fire Pit
Anything before buying, you should clarify to yourself why you need that thing. How efficient the thing is going to meet your needs. Then the features, specification, appearance, and if the thing is for your money or not.
So if you come to the point that you will buy a wood-burning fire pit, these are the top things you should consider.
Best Overall: Hampton Bay Piedmont 30 In Steel Fire Pit
Uncovered material can rust
The Hampton Bay Piedmont Steel Fire Pit is an attractive and versatile choice when looking for a sturdy, well-priced fire pit to add to your patio. This 30-inch model’s circular design, with a diamond pattern around the edges of the bowl, allows you to see the fire from every angle, and the interior is lined with a mesh screen for safety. The safety ring around its upper edge doubles as a handle, making it easy to move the fire pit in and out of storage. The 12-inch deep bowl is coated with high-temperature paint to withstand the heat of the flames.
Not only can this fire pit roast marshmallows and warm your hands but it also comes with a cooking grate that allows you to grill your favorite foods right over the flame. You can place the grid directly over the fire or mount it on the included pole, which allows it to be removed from the heat, as needed. Additionally, this model comes with a mesh cover to protect your guests from stray sparks, as well as a poker to tend the logs inside.
The one downside of this fire pit is the material can rust if left outdoors and exposed. To keep the product in good shape, store it indoors when not in use or cover it.
Size: 29.6 x 29.6 x 23 inches | Material: Steel | Fuel Type: Wood | Features: Rotating cooking grate, mesh cover
Also Check: How To Secure Patio Doors
Best For Space : Landmann Usa Super Sky Fire Pit
Landmanns Super Sky is tremendous and handy. You will find it easy to assemble. Also, it is made of heavy-duty steel that will give you a carefree service for years.
Do you want to have a large fire pit but thinking about the hassles and maintenance of the large fire pit? We have the solution, the Super Sky Fire Pit. Its a Large fire pit but portable, easy to assemble, and substantial.
The fire pit is 36 inches in diameter, with a support ring, 43 inches, and 23 inches tall with 10.5 inches deep fire bowl. You see? that is tremendous! Moreover, it is easy to assemble. What you have to do is join and tighten up the screws. It is heavy-duty steel made. It can take large loads for a long time.
- Massive: The fire pit is 43 inches in diameter as a whole and 36 inches in diameter with 10.5 inches depth fire bowl. You can burn any amount of wood on this massive fire bowls 962 square inches surface.
- Sturdy and durable construction: You will get heavy-duty steel on this fire pits construction with three sturdy steel legs.
- Heatproof: You also get the whole fire pit with a high-end sand paint finish for enduring high temperatures.
- Easy transportation: The massive structure doesnt make this fire pit fixed. The fire pit comes with a full circle handle in its inbuilt structure. So you can transport it very swiftly.
- Accessories: You will get a large cover, a mesh screen, and a 37 inches solid steel poker with the fire pit.
Things you are going to enjoy
Best Look : Rust & Stainless Steel Patio Fire Pit
The patio fire pit will give your patio, deck, or backyard a unique look with its natural appearance. It is steel made hand-finished durable construction. You will require no assembly to use this.
If you want to present your space with impressive specs with the warmth of sturdy steel made natural-looking fire pit, then you can have the fire pit.
The fire pit has a sanded surface to acquire natural rust over time. That gives a hand made and natural look to this fire pit. It is a substantial steel made fire pit. The diameter is 25 inches and 14 inches in height with a stainless steel stand. Its dimension and constructional specificity make it durable. There are only two different parts of this fire pit. Place the bowl on the stainless steel stand it is ready to use.
- Dimensions: The 25 inches dimensional fire bowl with a height of 14 inches comes with a stainless steel stand. You can use this very conveniently.
- Modern looks: The fire pit is made of hand-finished steel construction. This is firm and durable yet unique. It will give your patio a modern look.
- Natural rusting: The sand paint on it allows you to get a rusted looking fire pit faster.
- Portable: The fire pit bowl and the stainless stand weigh 33 pounds to let you carry them easily anywhere.
Things you are going to enjoy
- Its naturally rusted looks add up a rawness to your patio or backyard.
- Nice blend of uniqueness and contemporary design.
- Easy to set up.
Things you need to consider
Read Also: How To Lay Patio Pavers